Sunday, June 27, 2010

How I found Tokio Hotel

I was working nights, and my job was SO boring. Basically all I had to do was sit up all night in case the phone rang. (This was back in September 2009.) I found some websites that were quite entertaining, if a little stupid. Okay, a lot stupid. One night, I was on The Site That Shall Not Be Named (I won't say the name because no normal person should go there, it's the epitome of stupid, and I only went there in the first place because my job was so BORING), and the discussion was about androgyny. Someone posted a picture of this...person. I wasn't sure if it was a guy or girl. But they said the name was Bill, so I figured it was a guy. The poster didn't bother putting a last name, so I figured it would be impossible to find out who it was. I almost forgot about it for a few days. It came up in a conversation with my sister two days later, though, and I decided to send her a picture. Only first I had to find one. The one on TSTSNBN had been taken down, which left Google. And all I had was the name "Bill", which is not exactly the most unusual name. I typed in "bill androgynous", and the first thing that came up was a Wikipedia article about Bill Kaulitz. It said he was German, and that he was in a band with his twin brother. I was bored and a little curious, so I went to Youtube and searched for Tokio Hotel. The first video I watched was "Don't Jump". During the watching thereof, I became convinced that this wasn't a real person, because he was just too perfect. I mean, he was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen. No one is that beautiful. Or so I thought. Regardless of whether he was real or just a CGI person that the other band members created to increase their popularity, I was completely taken in. I looked on Google some more, and I found the most wonderful site ever: Tokio Hotel America. I joined the forum 09/27/2009. I admit, I wasn't impressed at first; I broke one of the rules early on and almost got myself banned, after which I refused to go back. My resolve lasted not even a week, for which I'm infinitely glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment