Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Project One

I'm doing a project for school. Sort of. If I can ever get my thoughts organized enough to concentrate. Anyway, I've got a little questionaire here that I'd like people to answer. You can send me a private message on Facebook if you want to keep your responses private. I know I don't usually get a lot of traffic here, but I'd appreciate it if you shared this with your friends; I would like a good variety of responses. Thanks.

1. Do you know anyone who is gay?
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? Why?
3. Are you opposed to gay marriage?
4. If you use the Bible or another religious text as your reason for opposing gay marriage, do you believe that this is sufficient reason to make gay marriage illegal?
5. If you have another reason for opposing gay marriage, please give it.
6. Any other comments on this topic?

4 comments:

  1. 1. Yes.
    2. No. I have watched my sister grow up and fight herself, her true self, and how miserable it made her. She's now being her true self. But no one would choose to be put out there w/a target on their back. It's not a choice, it's just what a person is.
    3. No, I'm not opposed to gay marrieage.
    4. N/A
    5. N/A
    6. Not really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you the answers through FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Do you know anyone who is gay?
    Yes, plenty of my friends are gay.

    2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? Why?
    No, it's a way of life. Sadly people have tried to classify everything and feelings are not subject to classification. People feel what they feel and the "choosing" revolves around the way of life not the feeling. If you like a same-gender person, you either choose to express it and live being classified as a homosexual or you choose to deny it and live being someone you simply aren't.

    3. Are you opposed to gay marriage?
    No, never.

    4. If you use the Bible or another religious text as your reason for opposing gay marriage, do you believe that this is sufficient reason to make gay marriage illegal?
    No, never. Religions were the law when the Sumerian Culture ruled the earth, not today. The law is the law and religions are religions. Two completely different and distinguishable aspects.

    5. If you have another reason for opposing gay marriage, please give it.
    I have absolutely no valid reason for opposing to gay marriage, in fact, I don't do.

    6. Any other comments on this topic?
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Yes

    2. No

    3. 100% No

    4. The Bible is a piece of literature, not a book of law. If one wants to read the Bible, then that is his/her choice, just as if one wants to read the Bhagavad Gita, then that is also his/her choice. Opinions/interpretations are not facts, they are simply thus.

    5. Absolutely no opposition

    6. Good luck with your assignment Jaspar!

    ReplyDelete